Pesach Menu Resources
[This post originally appeared in 2010, and has been updated in 2013]
Planning a Passover seder meal is a big deal for me. It is such a huge part of the overall experience that I think it needs careful consideration. The traditional Ashkenazic menu of brisket and tzimmes are lovely — but not the only option.
For me there are additional considerations like:
- What is local and in season?
- What foods spiritually align with my kavannah for the seder?
- What foods will inspire a sense of wonder with the seder participants?
- What foods will create a delicious, cohesive menu?
Over the years, I’ve created some menus I’m pretty proud of and decided that I should compile them all together along with some of my favorite sources for new ideas. It’s important to know that my menus are not traditionally kosher in most cases and I tend to follow the Sephardic guidelines for kosher for Passover. I hope these help you to create your own amazing menu for your Passover seder.
Ketzirah’s Recent Passover Menus:
- 5771 Menu: Oasis Theme
- 5770 Menu: Meat/Veggie
- 5769 Menu: Meat Menu
- 5768 Menu: Vegetarian Menu
- 5766 Menu: Modern Gourmet
Past Posts on Menu Planning:
External Menu Planning Resources:
- Epicurious Passover Menu Guide
- JCarrot.com Recipe Archive
- Eating Well Passover Guide
- Food & Wine Passover Menus
- Diabetic Recipes for Passover
What are some of your favorites for Passover?