Dream Decree Invitation 5774
Dream Decree – (מִנְשָׁר חֲלוֹם) Minshar Cholem – 5774
As we head towards the Days of Awe, I’m re-exploring a practice that has been really powerful for me in years past. Crafting a “Dream Decree.” I didn’t do one for 2013 or 5773, but I think it’s something to bring back. I haven’t had a Hebrew phrase to use for this practice, but I did a little work and decided on Minshar Cholem. The word “Zav” means “decree, order, etc.” but that felt too commanding. Minshar means proclamation — which felt more fitting.
Since deciding I was going to re-engage with this process my deep-mind has already been offering up many, many images and ideas. As these ideas flowed, my more structured self realized that I would need to decide on the format I am going to use this year. In the past, I’ve framed this using both an open structure of words, images and ideas and then also using Sustainable Spirituality framework.
This year, I feel called to begin understanding my Dream through the Kohenet Netivot, and then see what form the final Decree takes.
How to create a Dream Decree for 5774
- Decide and state that you are going to do it. Share the idea with friends — or here, on Facebook.com/peelapom — but with someone who can support you.
- Begin by thinking about the year that has passed. Journal, draw, doodle, paint, or just let the images flow through your mind.
- Take note of and record, but don’t judge, what comes to mind.
- Once you spend a little time just recording, see if any patterns begin to emerge about what your dream for 5774 looks, feels, sounds, tastes, or smells like. It may be pretty amorphous at first.
- Explore different ways of transforming your dream into a “decree” – something written or visualized that you can return to over and over through the year.
- State it by Rosh Hashanah
- Seal it on Yom Kippur
- Celebrate it on Sukkot
I hope you’ll share with me and the broader community not only what your Dream Decree is, but also your process and how you State it, Seal it and Celebrate it. So we can support your dream for 5774, I invite you to leave a comment below, on Facebook.com/peelapom, try out a new special circle set up for this on MightyBell.com.
Featured Image Photo Credit: Andrew Beebe, used by Creative Commons Attribution permissions .